If you own an electrical, home services, or security company, your fleet is as important as any other aspect of the business.
Nonetheless, choosing the most suitable vehicles for your fleet is akin to navigating a minefield since there are dozens of options as well as potential pitfalls to avoid.
Here are some considerations to keep in mind if you want to maintain a profitable fleet service.
Intended Vehicle Use
Whether you are buying vehicles outright or leasing them, you should consider their intended use before investing any money.
While assessing different models, you should ask yourself these pertinent questions:
- How many passengers will the vehicle carry? If you need to transport personnel, you'll undoubtedly need a spacious vehicle. However, if only the driver will be occupying the vehicle, the cabin size will be less critical.
- Will you need to haul cargo? In this regard, consider whether your fleet will be used for transporting goods. The capacity of vehicles under consideration should match your cargo size.
- Will the vehicles require additional upgrades or features such as GPS tracking systems to complement their intended use?
Gross Vehicle Weight
The gross weight of a vehicle is its weight capacity. It describes the maximum weight that the vehicle can support, including its passengers and the accessories and tools that you'll need on the field.
Electrical, home services, and security companies often need lots of tools when undertaking their projects. Some of these tools are heavy, and therefore, you'll need vehicles that help you transport them from one location to another.
It helps to acquire fleet vehicles that are suited to your company's business operations. In this regard, consider how far the vehicles will be driven, and the terrain that they will be driven on.
Besides, ask yourself whether you'll get more value and return on investment out of used or new cars.
The safety of your vehicles should be a priority. Your company's profits can only grow if you find ways of optimizing fleet safety to reduce accident costs.
Better accident management goes hand-in-hand with lower business operating costs and a faster return on investment. In this regard, you should consider a vehicle's safety technologies before adding it to your fleet. Choose technologies that mitigate the possibility of accidents.
Creating a Fleet with Wilmar Inc.
Wilmar Inc. is the go-to provider of vehicle leasing, fleet analysis, fleet selection, and fleet management services in North Carolina. We offer customized fleet selection services that enable you to put together a fleet that matches your company's logistical needs.
We understand that fleet selection is a pain point for many businesses. Therefore, we provide a wide range of fleet vehicles and work trucks, including:
- GMC Canyon, which is an excellent choice for active small businesses.
- GMC Sierra 1500 Limited. The truck has a towing capacity of 9,400 lbs. and a payload of 1,860 lbs. and is suitable for companies that need to haul heavy equipment
- GMC Next Generation Sierra 1500. This truck has best-in-class cargo volume and legroom and, therefore, is suitable for transporting staff and moving cargo.
- Sierra Heavy Duty 3500 & 2500, whose cargo box measures 82.20 inches, thus making them suitable for transporting all kinds of equipment.
- Ford F-150. The truck is suitable for companies that need to transport cargo and staff at the same time.
- Ford F-450. This is an excellent choice for hauling and towing applications.
- Ford Ranger. The truck is suitable for small companies that don't need anything too large or expensive.
If you are looking to add work vehicles to your fleet, do not hesitate to check out the Wilmar Inc. inventory. Our fleet experts will help you choose the best vehicles for your fleet. Contact us today for more information about our services.