Fleet management is an administrative approach that allows any business with more than three commercial vehicles to oversee all fleet performance and fleet maintenance. It improves efficiency, cuts down operational costs, and provides compliance with government regulations.
A fleet management dashboard is the main command center where fleet managers can monitor their vehicles and drivers in real-time. You can access current and past data that your fleet management software compiles about your fleet.
So, what is fleet management software, and what are the benefits of a fleet management dashboard? Keep on reading below.
What is Fleet Management Software?
Fleet management software is crucial in controlling the whole lifecycle of your commercial vehicles efficiently and profitably. It also enables you to access all the relevant business information on the state and performance of your fleet whenever you need it.
It is a powerful tool with numerous applications for recording and reporting important data that improves productivity by reducing downtimes. Implementing a fleet management software system improves the management of:
- Parts and inventory
- Maintenance and repair
- Driver safety and license checks
- Fuels and emissions
- Business budgets
- Accidents and risk management
- Regulatory and legal compliance
These and many other functions of fleet management can be implemented using fleet management software.
Modern fleet management integrates with a software application or a third-party data provider to streamline ordering, arranging deliveries, and making payments. This improves time management by removing lengthy administrative tasks. Mobile apps can further enhance the benefits of employing a fleet management software system.
What are the Benefits of a Fleet Management Dashboard?
A fleet management dashboard provides various benefits to the fleet manager and the business as a whole. By eliminating the mundane tasks and consolidating many fleet management activities in one place, managers and business owners can make time to attend to more important matters. Here are some of the benefits of a fleet management dashboard:
- Quick access to data and information about your fleet – this will help you make informed decisions based on real-time data.
- Provides an overview of your fleet's past and current performance – you can compare the day-to-day performance of your fleet and make relevant adjustments to improve productivity and increase profitability.
- Makes analyzing your fleet quick and efficient – all the data and information about your fleet is stored in one repository, making access and analysis a quick and efficient process.
- Vehicles can be analyzed individually or in groups – you get the ability to analyze your pool of vehicles to see which ones are due for maintenance.
- Monitoring your vehicles and drivers with real-time alerts – you get to receive near real-time alerts on where your cars are at any particular moment. The dashboard gives you alerts when your team is idling, speeding, or making unnecessary stops so that you can coach better driving behaviors.
- Easy access to detailed reports of the fleet – the dashboard provides you with detailed reports that you can use to assess fleet performance.
Understanding the processes involved in fleet management will enable you to remain competitive by reducing operational costs and meeting customer expectations. You can appoint a fleet manager or outsource to a reliable fleet management company.
Managing a fleet can be a daunting and expensive affair. If your business uses three or more commercial vehicles, then professional fleet management can help you efficiently manage your pool of vehicles. Outsourcing this service can be one of the best business decisions that you can ever make.
Contact us today for fleet management solutions that are tailored to meet your business needs. You can also go through our blogs to learn more about our services.